Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stapler of the Week Archive- Markwell Staple-Master

Markwell Staple-Master chrome and silver painted metal with rubber foot

This Markwell was the second in a line of stapler gift from my in-laws. I have to say, I have yet to truly understand it. It is a front loading stapler, by way of the unpainted clip cover. Above is a little lever which is under a label reading, "Press up gently and then release quickly before loading." I haven't really found more info on this exact model. What I like about this Staple-Master is the markings. There is a identity tag on it with a shield and the numbers "12-2244." I don't know what that means but it's intriguing. On the plunger top is written in cursive script, "Markwell RF Master," the Markwell name is engraved in the rubber foot, and the name, "Staple-Master" is proudly engraved in all-caps on the very front of the stapler. Markwell still produces and sells office staplers, but most of its business is specialty and industrial staplers and tackers.


Excerpt from Stapler of the Week, May 30, 2007.

No comments: