Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Stapler of the Week Archive- Tatum Aluminum Stapler

Tatum Aluminum Stapler aluminum and plastic

I had mentioned the Tatum Aluminum Stapler in an earlier post and provided a link to The Antique Stapler Collector's Website's (A.S.C.W.) excellent information on it, including patent drawings assigning credit for its design to Herbert W. Marano of Brooklyn, NY in 1954. It turns out, Herbert Marano was also responsible for the T-155 "Little Buddy." As indicated in my post and that of the A.S.C.W., the Tatum Aluminum Stapler is highly sought after by collectors of design objects as well as stapler enthusiasts. I acquired this Tatum after missing out on several other examples which sold for prices far beyond my stapler budget. Needless to say, it has a prominent placement in my stapler hall of fame.

Excerpt from the Stapler of the Week, April 2, 2008.

No comments: